Here's the red things I did today. I cut out these big hearts and made hot pads out of them. I still have to bind them but I'm going to use bias binding (the kind you buy in packages) on these instead of making bias binding.
I finished the placemat I made last week. I have decided to make a placemat in all the colors we work on this year for the rainbow challenge so I can have some rainbow placements. I think the grandkids will like these.
I made a little snippets bag, a big zipper bag to hold some of my tatting shuttles and thread, a coaster and 5 heart hotpads. I'm showing the backside of one of these to show you the silver stuff (I don't know what it's called, but it's ironing board fabric.) All of these are finished except for 4 of the hotpads.
I was going to make this bigger snippets bag out of red but I didn't have big enough scraps of red. So, instead of red, I used white fabric that wasn't good enough for a quilting project to make the bag. I don't know where I even got this fabric but it's too heavy for quilting so I decided it would do for this little bag or whatever you call it. This is one of the things I was going to show you this week. I saw one of these at my sewing group last week and decided to see if I could make it. This turned out ok. I used a big equilateral triangle to cut the triangles. I cut 8 triangles out. Put two triangles together and sew them right sides together, repeat for a total of 4 sets. I sewed three of these from the bottom up 5 inches. I then sewed the final triangle on the bottom. Fold down the tops and put a button on each corner to hold them down....In the picture you can see the triangle ruler I used. It is an 8"-60 degree ruler. I still need to sew the buttons on and it will be finished. This one looks pretty plain and will look better with buttons but it will do what I want it to anyway.... The one I saw was cuter with prettier fabric.
I also cut the corner triangles and setting triangles out for my heart quilt but I didn't sew them yet. I'll try to sew those tomorrow afternoon after church. Until next time, happy quilting!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt