I came home and fixed dinner then headed upstairs to sew. I was able to make two of the blocks for Amy's BOM. The third block was Pennsylvania Parade and it just didn't look right to me. I checked some of my books to see if I could find it, but couldn't so I came back downstairs and looked on the internet. Lo and behold, I found the same block. I should have known Amy wasn't wrong! I wasn't really doubting Amy but I just thought the block could have gone together differently. After doing this, I didn't have time to make it, so I'll try to get it together tomorrow night. Here's the first two blocks...
54-40 or Fight:
This is Housewife:
I also decided on the block I would make for Dee. She's one of the girls in my small group and she let us decide what 12 1/2" star block we wanted to make. I don't know if this has a name or not. I just decided to put a pinwheel in the middle square and then do flying geese on the outside to make the star points. I'll try to look it up and see if there is a name for it somewhere. I just know I didn't want the middle block to be plain, as it was 6 1/2" and it was too big to be just a solid piece of fabric. We had to use the black fabric and only one batik fabric with it so...this is what I came up with. I hope she likes it. If not, I'll keep it for myself cause I like it alot....The batik is purple even though it looks more blue in the photo.
This is Dee's star but I found a name for this star off of Quilter's Cache, it's called Diamond Star.
Oh, did I tell you I'm going to a quilt retreat this weekend? I'm going somewhere new and I'm very excited about it. After the last two weekends, I decided I needed some R & R so what better than a quilt retreat. Somewhere peaceful with my fabric, friends and food. (I don't have to cook either!!!) Oh my, I can't wait. I'm still trying to decide what I want to take. I have several things in the works and my UFO's I need to work on but I want to take something that's a no-brainer. I don't want to have to think about or make any decisions. I just want to sew like crazy...Hmm, I'll have to ponder this and decide. I should have started getting it together tonight but I just had to sew some...Oh well, more to come later. Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt