I have had a very busy weekend sewing. I was able to sew yesterday all day and this afternoon after church...
I finished the third block of Amy's April BOM. Pennsylvania Parade is the name of it and it looks better than I remembered. I didn't like this one at first it grew on me. I'm loving all of the blocks Amy has picked out for this. This is going to be a big quilt!!! Here's Pennsylvania Parade:
Now, here's the 4th block for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along:
The block is called Stepping Down:
I finished this cute little snowman too. I've had him for several years. It was a kit I got somewhere and I wanted to have it finished by Christmas but that didn't happen. He's finished now and will be ready for this Christmas. See, he's in the strawberry patch right now wondering what happened to all the snow. I made these cute strawberry pincushions yesterday too. I want to make more and will soon. I'd like to make all kinds of fruit pincushions and I'll be looking out for more fruit. I want to make these and give these to some of my sewing friends for Christmas. These were very easy to make and I got this pattern off of Freebies for Crafters blogspot. You can get there if you click on their linki at the right side of my blog....Great website. I have made several things from this site and I visit it all the time...Check them out.
I made this cute little snippet holder too. It was very easy and quick. I'll give the directions out soon when I decide or find out how easy it is to find the stiff stuff I put in the seams. I don't know what it's called so I'm going to have to make a trip to Home Depot and look around...I'll let you know soon.
Next, I made several of these floating 4 patch blocks. I don't remember how many I made 10 or 13. Some for me and some to exchange...
I made 3 of these blocks. They are called Crazy 8's. I'm using them as my Leader and Enders and I'm only using florals. I had cut the background fabric for another quilt and didn't like it with that project. It works great for this one so I'm just that much more ahead of the game....
I also did the last 4 blocks for my UFO 2, Dear Blanche. I am behind on this one but it's ok. I'm farther along than I have been in along time so I'm still ahead as far as I'm concerned!
I had time too to finish the border and I now have a complete quilt top. Here is the top I call Dear Blanche. It will be going through a name change shortly but not til it's quilted. Someone asked me before if this was the name of this quilt or if it was my name for it. This was an exchange and was named after the person that wanted to do this quilt. This quilt came from a magazine a long time ago. It was in the April 2004 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting and it was called Pink Spring Fling in the magazine. Here's Dear Blanche with all the borders on it ready for quilting! I have decided I'm not going to quilt this one. I bought a pantograph at the Dallas show and I'm going to give it to my friend , Judy and ask her to quilt it for me....Hopefully, she can get to it soon. For now, here's the finished flimsy:
I never showed you what I got finished at retreat. I did get all 4 blocks done of my Pansy Park. I have the borders ready too and they will go on next. I did get the middle part done. Now that I have all this other stuff out of the way, I'll start working on Pansy Park again and hopefully get to finish this this week. I am so excited about this quilt. It will go on my new bed and I'm changing up my curtains and everything for it...I can't wait. This quilt will be beautiful when it's finished. Here's the 4 blocks and the middle part....
Okay, I'm ready for more...I want to sew some more now but I guess I better be nice and visit with the family a little. I guess I'll go get the quilt to bind and work on it while I'm watching TV with them....til next time..
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt