I am hosting a Pizza Box Project for my ASG sewing group. This is like a Round Robin but with blocks. The owner of the box did the first block and then from that point on the box is passed to people on a list. (The owner of the box had the option of including fabric to use for the quilt or not. It could be scrappy or controlled.) The owner does not get to see the finished blocks until the end of the project. We are doing this for 9 months. At that time, we will have a pizza party and reveal the blocks. It will be up to the owner of the blocks to make a quilt or do whatever she wants to with the blocks. Some of the ladies have asked for additonal blocks so it will be a 12 block quilt, so I will pass out extra blocks too. The ladies that are working on this project are not quilters but are really enjoying the blocks so far. I am doing 2 blocks per month. One to show them what the block looks like and one to go along with the box. So far, we have done 2 blocks and next week I will give out the 3rd block. We are making 12 1/2" blocks. I am using some of Marcia Hohn's blocks off of Quilter's Cache and a few different ones too.
I am using leftover fabric from one of my UFO's, Nostalgic Garden. I think I'm going to have enough for this quilt too...How about that, 2 for 1!
Here's the blocks that we are doing so far:
Block 1- Pennsylvania
Block 2- Friendship Star:
This is the 3rd block, it is called Spools. I'm giving this one out next week. It was not from Marcia Hohn's site, it was from Quilt magazine site...(I think). I'll have to look at the pattern again to see exactly where it came from but I sure like it...
You should see the other blocks. These ladies are doing a wonderful job. Unfortunately, I only see the blocks in the boxes as they come to me and I don't want to spoil any surprises for them so I'll only take pics of my show blocks. You will have to wait to see their quilts. Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt