Saturday, December 5, 2009
I had a great time today at my ASG Annual Christmas party. It was alot of fun getting together with my sewing friends. We got to the Barn (it's a sewing barn) around 10:30 for coffee, donuts and catching up...We all chatted and looked around the barn to see what our hostess was working on. Lana is a recently retired person and is now pursuing Long Arm Quilting...She's been doing this for a while on the side and now can do it full time. However, you know how it is when you retire. Everybody calls and comes by because you have all the time in the world now that you don't work, right? She has a few quilts to work on now and a lovely work room(barn) to do it in. Her daughter came over and decorated for our function. We decided to play the Wright game with fat quarters. We then ate a wonderful lunch and exchanged gifts. We did the chinese Christmas game and several lovely items were stolen from me (Mary, you know what I wanted.) I ended up with a very nice Christmas gift. I got an Omnigrid Foldaway cutting board and pressing station...Not bad, huh? I needed a new one so, this will come in very handy for retreats! We played LCR (Left, Center, Right) for quarters. I didn't win anything but it was fun to learn this quick game...Before the party was over, I started getting a headache and came home and had to lay down. I was supposed to babysit for my grandkids but they were sick...I got up but was running fever and upset stomach..Oh well, I'm hoping it's not bad. I don't have time to get sick. I have too much to do before Christmas....til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt