Woo hoo, today was so busy! I got up this morning and wrapped my gift to take to my Quilt Guild meeting. I decided to not bake and just buy some different breads at Costco. I was not disappointed. It was three different loaves, Pound Cake, Banana Nut Bread and Cinnamon Streudal. All were very good and it sure helped me not to have to take my time to bake. I went and picked up my BOM at the quilt store and listened to the monthly talk about the block then headed out for my Christmas party. We had a great lunch. Boy, do we have some good cooks in our guild! I think all quilters must know how to cook. Is it the nurturing gene or what? One of our guild members and her husband and friend entertained us with Christmas music while we ate. Thanks Donna and Mike. They wrote a very cute Christmas quilting song and we sang it to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas...I'll see if it's ok to tell you their lyrics and if so, I'll write them out for you...I had a great time with good food, good friends and lots of laughter. This is why the holidays mean so much to me! I love the fellowship of friends.
Today was my fourth anniversary of being a Breast Cancer survivor. I'm doing great and had a great check up last week. I'm thankful for my health this season!
Today was also the anniversary of my sweet Mother's death many years ago. My Mom has been gone now 40 years today. Some days it seems like just yesterday. I sure miss you Mom and I now know how truly wise you really were.
After the party today, my grandkids came over and helped me decorate our tree. Finally! I have been after my husband since Thanksgiving to get our tree down so I could decorate. Now, it feels like Christmas! My grandkids are so cute too. They so enjoyed going through my box of Christmas ornaments and saying, Grammy, I like this one. Did you make this one? Can you make me one like this? Grammy, who's this? Is it really my Daddy in this picture? Ah, sweet, fun times. I love this. For all my friends out there, I wish you sweet times with your families this holiday season. Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season...Share him with someone you love.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt