I haven't posted in a long time. I just haven't been in the mood. I've been busy tatting and sewing and visiting with family and friends. Too much to do and not enough time for everything. I love the holidays but it sure is stressful at times. I have been really busy tatting away. I'm making crosses to give as gifts.
I'm also sewing to catch up on all my projects for the year. I have wanted to sew so much and I have really enjoyed it lately. I was busy sewing away and my Bernina just stopped. The screen froze up and the foot feed would not work. I turned it off to reset and it wouldn't come up all the way...I took it in to get repaired and it's been in there for about two weeks now. I am working on my Pfaff now and waiting for my Bernina to get out of the shop. I just found out today I can pick it up Saturday. Woo hoo, I can't wait. I have 6 machines and my Bernina is my favorite. I will take some pictures later of what all I have been sewing. For now, here's some pictures of my latest tatting. I haven't blocked any of these but wanted to show you these for now....
I have been tatting Crosses. So far I have 10 small crosses and 1 larger cross. The larger cross is for me. I'm going to make more but it will be later. I'm making the smaller crosses for friends at work and some of my quilting friends. I have alot more to make. The small crosses are off the Georgia Seitz website and is a Gina Butler pattern from 2002. It is a great pattern. It's easy and fairly quick to tat. I can tat this cross in about 2 hours now and don't need the pattern. The two other little bookmarks are Stumpy's by Kersti. I enjoy making this little bookmark and I've made several of these and given them as gifts. It's easy and quick to make too.
I really like this cross. The pattern is out of the book Tatting by Cathy Bryant. I love the colors. I have no idea what it's called. The thread was given to me by one of my tatting friends. She was tired of size 10 thread and gave it to me. I made the cross and of course, I had to make a Spinning Wheel Glass mat out of it...The Spinning Wheel mat is one of my all time favorite patterns and so far, this one is definitely my favorite.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt