I had a wonderful Christmas with my family - my youngest son, my older son, my DIL, the three grands, my MIL, and my sweet hubby. We had the traditional dinner here. My three grandchildren came in ready to have Santa the moment they came through the door. I told them we had to wait on Papa to come back from the store. Yes, I sent him to buy forgotten rolls! He came back empty handed as the stores were closed. (Brookshires, Krogers and Walmart) I was not disappointed. To tell you the truth, I was impressed. I'm so glad all the stores in our area closed their doors so all their employees could celebrate Christmas with their families. Anyway, while the ham and sweet potatoes were cooking, we went ahead and let the children open their gifts. It's so fun to have children in the house at Christmas. I am so thankful that my son and his family are back here in Texas now. They lived in Michigan for 6 years and I missed my son so much. But, when the babies started coming, I really missed all of them. The youngest grandchild is now a year old and he is a Texan. They have been back down here now for 2 years and I hope they never leave Texas again. (Unless, I go too) I gave Trent, the youngest, a quilt for Christmas. I started this sometime ago. I changed the colors about half way through because my DIL changed the colors in his bedroom. I showed the flimsy but here's a pic of the finished item...I think this one turned out pretty cute.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year. Til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt