Ok,I promised you a look at the projects I'm working on. Here's some of them...
This one is the little BOM that I just finished up with. It took all year only because it was a BOM. This could have been done in a few days if you wanted to. The blocks were very easy and fun to do. They are 4 1/2" blocks and covered various techniques...Lots of fun. This one's mine, I might make another one to give away or I have thought about just doing 4 of the blocks and making a really small wallhanging to depict the seasons...we'll see.
Ok, here's the 21 snowball blocks. These are half of the center portion of the Reproduction Quilt I'm doing. It is the exchange quilt I was talking about earlier. 21 more to go....
Ah, here's the full center, all 42 snowballs...Doesn't this look great? Before I started working with reproduction fabrics, my first thought was dull, drab colors, boy, was I wrong? These colors are great and I just love the scrappy look.
Here's a closeup of 4 of the blocks.
Here's one of the tablerunners I just finished putting the finishing touches on the applique...I used to refer to applique as the A word. I've grown a little fonder of it but it's still slow for me...I just love this tablerunner and I'm going to hand quilt this one. I think it will be very pretty when finished completely.
Here's the quick tablerunner I did Monday. I'm going to machine quilt this one and bind it with a Moda Marble Dark Blue. It will be the first one on my kitchen table in January since it reminds me of ice... This is one of the blocks. The middle is fussy cut to show off the compass points...This was very quick and easy to make...
This is the little wallhanging for November showing the cute little pumpkins. I have 12 different small wallhangings from this year. Each month was very traditional and I will be working on these and getting these done quickly...I hope. January is snowmen, February is Hearts, etc...Fun, quick projects make me feel good and feel like I've accomplished something. A quick fix.
Here's my latest block for the BOM I'm working on. This is the Marti Michell quilt I am working on. This is block 9 of 12. Only 3 more to go and the main blocks will be finished. This quilt will be one of the ones on my list to complete in 2010. I want to have this one done so I can see it at least by Christmas....
You can see some of the other blocks and the finished quilt on my other blog...Thomas Quilt
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt