I sewed for a little while on Friday and again on Saturday. Monday, I was able to sew all day except for fixing lunch and dinner for the family. I just can't get enough sewing time in lately. I don't even want to go to bed. I haven't felt this way in a long time and I'm sure glad the feeling is back. I guess I was burnt out for awhile but it sure is nice to want to sew again.
I'm trying to finish up some things. I finished a small wallhanging on Monday. It was a BOM from this year. (I almost said last year, oh my, can you tell I'm ready for 2009 to be over?) I will take some pics tonight. I made a table runner also. I have several more of these to make. I have accumulated several kits over the years and I'm going to finish every one of them in 2010. My goal for the year is to finish (quilting and label and binding---all the way) all of my kits, UFO's and all my flimsy's. That is one of my resolutions for the year. I want to see all of my quilts this next year so I can really enjoy them. I'm also going to load up my spare bed and change out the quilts every so often just to enjoy looking at them.
Ok, sorry, I got off the subject. I was supposed to go to tatting last night but the weather was iffy. It was snowing when I got off work and I just went home. I grabbed some Taco Casa on the way home to feed the family. I ate and went straight upstairs for some more bonding with my sewing machine. Oh yeah, I forgot to say I got my Bernina back and so far she's purring like a new machine. Oh my, I sure did miss her but we are getting along just fine now. I made my block for the Thomas quilt. (It's on my other blog-http://thomasquilt2009.blogspot.com/). It is a BOM and we are on block 9. It's a Marti Michell pattern and I'm loving this one. I put together 21 snowball blocks of another BOM I'm working on. This one is one of the 4 quilts I have going that are being made from reproduction fabrics. I have another 21 snowball blocks to put together tonight. I'll take a pic of this one too. I LOVE this one. It is an exchange quilt. I called it a BOM but it really isn't. Five of us ladies from my small group have gotten together and we are doing the quilt off the cover of the Quilt Sampler. I am also working on leaders and enders as I am working on these blocks. I did another small wallhanging last night that was for Fall. It is pumpkins and went together very quickly. I'll show you pics tonight. I'm very busy but I'm loving it. I have a list I'm working by and I'm not getting bored yet. I plan to sew every night this week. I don't even want to go to work but you know how that is...gotta make a living, right. Oh well, back to the grind for now. Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt