I didn't do all the sewing I wanted to but I did do a little bit. I grabbed my sewing machine, some of my projects and headed over to be with some of my friends. I was going to sew up a storm and low and behold, my sewing machine's bobbin case was missing. OMG, I couldn't believe it, I couldn't sew at all...I had been sewing with this machine on my kitchen table and I needed to wind a bobbin. I remember putting the bobbin case under my machine (you know the area between the machine and the bottom when you take the bed off, it becomes a skinny bed to sew sleeves or whatever) to wind the bobbin and I guess I didn't replace it. I was just hoping it was somewhere where it could be found. Luckily, I brought a hand-sewing project. I worked on this little project....
I got all of my stitching done and put the buttons on. Now, I will be putting some quilting around the outside of the block in black thread. I still need to add some french knots here and there but I have to wash this piece first. I used a pink pencil to draw on where the green stem stitches needed to go and I can see it. I tried brushing it off, I tried erasing and neither worked. I don't want to press this until I wash. Believe me, I have made that mistake before and the marks are still in the quilt to prove it! So, I'll wash this then press it and put a light interfacing on it and finish it with quilting and french knots. Then I can frame it.
I had a good time with my friends anyway and that's what's important. I enjoyed stitching on this little piece too and it's almost finished. I'll take another picture and show you when it's completed.
Now, back to the missing bobbin case...I worried during the meeting that I would probably have to buy another one. I was afraid I had lost it when I carried my machine out to the car. I knew I would have to retrace my steps and search for it and hope it hadn't been stepped on or drove over. Anyway, I took my stuff out to my car to load it up and there it was on the bottom of my floor board! Wow, was I ever smiling then. I went back in and told the girls I found it and we had a good laugh over it...Woo, what a relief. I'm a happy girl now.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt