Last night was my small group meeting. It was our annual picnic and installation of new officers for the coming year. Good food and fellowship was on the agenda for the evening and we were not disappointed. We had sandwiches and drinks from Jason's Deli. It was just right for our picnic. No one had to cook or slave over a hot stove for this meeting! We had a good turnout and everyone had a great time. We had a little show and tell too for the meeting. Here's what some of our members are working on..
Judy's basket quilt. She's going to have this one hand quilted by another one of our members. Irene will be hand quilting this one for her...
Irene's bluebonnet pillow.
Cathey's pieced baby quilt. Cathey is not friendly with her machine. She is an appliquer and scared of the machine. I think she's getting a little more friendly.
Sharon's wool pillows:
Helen's quilter pillow:
Dee's Quilt top:
Martha's friendship quilt. She made this along with several other ladies to give to the bus driver that always drives them to the Houston Quilt Show. His favorite color is purple. They will be giving him this when he drives them to Houston.... Look at the sweet label, isn't that cute?
Cindy's cute bag:
The Church Quilt. Our group meets at a church each month. One of our member's is a member of the church. We don't have to rent the room or anything. We do give them a quilt each year to raffle off as our way of saying thank you for letting us meet there. This is the quilt for this year...
Our leader gave each of us a cookbook or member's recipes and she gave me this sweet coin purse. I was the treasurer for our group this year and this was her way of saying Thanks. Thank you, Glenda. I love them both.
Weren't those great? We had a wonderful meeting and our members are so talented. I love this group.
When I got home, I had more goodies in the mail too. I received my wonderful bag from Terry with so many cool things inside. She had the goodies inside the bag and it was all wrapped up with a sweet fat quarter. She gave me some floss, two Aunt Martha's transfer patterns, a vintage apron pattern and some wonderful patterns too. What a sweet and generous gift. Thank you, Terry. I love them all.
I also received a beautiful hand made card from Jane along with my first signature block. I'm going to have to get busy and start making some signature blocks to send out...this is going to be so much fun. Thank you so much, Jane, I love them.
Wow, I had a great day and got lots of goodies too. It couldn't have been a better day unless I had won the lottery.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt