My husband got up early Sunday morning and went to Walmart without me.. I went in to make coffee and he was gone in my car. I called him on the phone and told hime I needed some stuffing for my bear. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Of course, I had to explain to him exactly what I needed. He went to the aisle and read off every package to me to make sure he was getting the right stuff. He brought me home the biggest bag of stuffing I have ever seen. I'll have stuffing for several bears now! Oh well, at least I didn't have to drive to town! I stuffed my bear and finished him up. He turned out so cute.
It got me to thinking too(that's a dangerous thing). My quilt group is always looking for community service projects around Christmas, so I think I will talk to them about making stuffed animals. I know I have several of these panels to make animals like bears and dolls. I thought maybe if I had these, then surely other people in my guild had these too. Why not make them up and give them to nursing homes at Christmas or to hospitals for children at Christmas. Instead of keeping them in our stash, let's put them to use. Anyway, it's just an idea and even if my guild doesn't go for it, I think I'll be doing this myself.
I also quilted one of my tablerunners Sunday afternoon. I finished it up last night and bound it while I was watching TV. It was a tablerunner for myself for Valentine's Day. I plan on having a runner for each month. This one is for February and is red hearts. It was small and didn't take any time to finish up.
Here's Mr Plaid Bear and my Heart Tablerunner
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt