My guys were gone picking up an old pickup from a friend of ours. My older son has wanted this truck since he was 16 and he is now 28...He finally talked our friend into letting him buy it. This will be a project for my two sons and my husband to work on together. They were gone all day and I got some quality me time...
I worked on several things. I made up for lost time with no sewing machine Friday night. I put together all 8 strips of this Stacked Brick quilt. It is now ready for sashing and borders. This is the 3rd Stacked Brick quilt. One is finished, I just showed that one a few posts back. Number 2 and 3 are in the strip phase now. I think I'll use scraps for the sashing strips on these. I'll audition these and see which ones I like. These are all pressed and ready to be put together.
I put together two more rows for my Floating 4 Patch Quilt. It now has 10 rows and is a small square quilt. I'm going to put together more rows on this one. This one is just too small. It's so cute, I want it to be a full size quilt so I need more strips. This month is the last month for the exchange so I guess I'll put together as many as I can.
I also washed and pressed my little Nana's Flower Patch wallhanging. The pink marks came out just fine. I put the French Knots on it and some little red heart buttons. I will be putting some quilting around the hexagon and then I can frame it. The pattern called for an old looking frame but I don't want that. I know what I want, it's just finding it...If I can't find what I want, I'll get my husband to make me one. He is very talented with glass and picture framing.
Tonight, is a back to school party over at my son's house for my granddaughter and grandson. Alayna started kindergarten today and Brandon went to 1st grade. We'll be having dinner followed by cake and ice cream. Wow, where does the time go? Seems like just yesterday, they were little and crawling. Enjoy your grandkids while you can, cause they grow up too fast!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt