I haven't posted anything this week as you can see. It's not because I haven't been sewing, it's just that I have been busy and not taken the time to post. I haven't finished anything this week but I have been trudging along on a few things. I take that back, I did finish my last two blocks for my Thomas quilt. I didn't take any pics yet but I will. Now, I can start putting this quilt together.
Nancy, the Patchwork Penguin drew another UFO for this month. It ended up being number three, which for me is Dear Blanche again. I don't know if you have noticed, but I still haven't completed March or April BOM's.
The March BOM was UFO 2 and it was Dear Blanche. I did complete the top and it is at the Longarmer's as we speak...
April was UFO 10, Scrappy Pineapple. It is still in the flimsy stage. I think that is an accomplishment right there but I saw something the other day. It's not a quilt until it's quilted or something to that effect. I haven't done anymore to the top over the month. I haven't forgotten about it. Believe me...I have thought and thought. I'm so torn about this one. I'm still thinking about putting a piano keyboard border on this one..I will work on this one soon, I promise.
Now, to update you on this month's UFO, Dear Blanche Again. (I will change that name later.) I have 121 completed blocks, these are 6 1/2" blocks and this was an exchange. This took place over a 12 month period. The pattern is out of the Eleanor Burns book, Egg Basket Quilt or something like that. I don't remember the name of the book, I have it at home...These completed blocks have just been sitting around for about 3 years now. We finished the exchange and I just never took the time to finish the project. Last night, I started out by putting them on my design wall. I put them up as 10 rows of 12, with one block left over. When I started sewing the blocks together, I kept thinking...Why is there one block left? Did I do all the exchange? Did I lose some blocks, why the odd number? Then it dawned on me...this is supposed to be a square quilt. 11 rows by 11 rows for a total of 121 blocks. I started out arranging the blocks. I gave up on that and finally just grabbed up all the blocks and I sewed whatever block came up next. I had alot of red blocks in the quilt so the only rule I decided on was to try to not put two reds together....I sewed the blocks together vertically last night. I did not sew the horizontal rows yet. It was getting late and I was tired so I'll finish sewing them tonight. More to come later...
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt