I was going to try to put a quilt on the machine last night and see what I could do but I just couldn't...I went upstairs, turned on the lights and walked over to the machine. I thought I would hook up the Sure Stitch on the machine and see if I could get it all set up. I kept hearing a buzz, buzz, buzzing sound...then I saw a bee on the light fixture. Then, there was another one flying around. I went back downstairs to get the fly swatter and see if I could find some hornet spray or bug spray --- I couldn't. I went back upstairs with my little flimsy fly swatter and then there were four little bees flying around. OMG, where are they coming from??? I shooed one of them out the window and then concentrated on the other three. They kept buzzing around the light fixture (now what's up with that anyway??? what's the attraction to the light source?) and when they would fly out, I would swat at them. I am not a good swatter and I finally decided it was not going to be a sewing night for me! I turned off the lights, shut the door and put a towel underneath the door so they couldn't sneak out. I turned the TV on and decided it was a tatting night instead!
When my husband came home we went upstairs and he took down the light fixture to see where the bees might be coming in from...Did you know that bees sleep at night? I guess they do cause there weren't any buzzing around. He put the light fixture back up and taped up some places around it that he thought they migh crawl through... He'll come back later and caulk or whatever to fix it permanently. He doesn't think it's a big deal since there were only four and I didn't hear alot of buzzing except for the four that got in. I'm going to go up tonight and see if I see anymore and hear any more buzzing. Hopefully, we don't have a hive or whatever in the attic. I've had wasps in my sewing room and I hate those too. I don't mind crawly bugs that you can kill easily but I hate flying things. They totally freak me out! My husband said it was a good thing I didn't have any bug spray cause I would have gotten that stuff everywhere and he's probably right. (He's seen me spray wasps outside with the spray.) I would have sprayed those little suckers until they couldn't fly anymore and I would have had to clean up alot more than it was worth for four little bees.
I have a quilt meeting tonight so it will be late when I come home. I won't be able to see if there are any bees tonight but Friday afternoon, I'll be able to tell. I'm hoping the situation is taken care of but time will tell. I'll let you know if I can sew in my sewing room or have to bring a machine downstairs! Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt