Tuesday, May 18, 2010
A little quilting machine and making room for it...
Saturday afternoon, my DH, my son and I went to one of my friend's homes and picked up a small quilting machine. She decided she didn't want to machine quilt and this was in her way, so... I decided I would buy it from her and try my hand at quilting some of my quilts. It's a little Gracie frame (queen size) and has a Brother 1500S Mid arm machine with it. We brought it home but couldn't start setting it up until Sunday evening. It was set up at crib size when I got it so it needed to be switched out to Queen size. I had to clean out a space for it first which I did and they manipulated it upstairs to my sewing room. My husband and I switched it to the Queen size which took up quite a bit more room but will be more functional for me. This change in length made me decide to rearrange my room and my husband and son have been upset with me since...You see, I can't do it all by myself and have to have "help." (Definition of help=they move the furniture or object for me.) I decided to move a table out, move a bookcase from one side of the room to the other, a dresser and various other items to make it more user friendly. I had to unload 2 bookshelves and move my quilt tops and hanging rack and rocker and...well, you get the picture. I will have my work space all sorted out this week and hopefully, be up and running by the weekend. I have a two story house and the top floor is mine but it is just one big room separated by a staircase. I have my sewing machine, cutting area and fabric on one side and my hand quilting frame, machine quiting frame and all my books (4 bookcases) on the other side...This room was originally intended for storage or a gameroom or whatever but I took it over. I can go up and be in my own world and no one bothers me. It's just taking me a few days to get everything like I want it and then I can play.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt