Hello everyone...I didn't get alot done this weekend. Too many distractions. I started out sewing Saturday morning. I planned on getting my UFO 3 all sewn up but I kept getting phone calls. I sewed three horizontal rows of this quilt and that's all that got done. With all the phone calls and distractions, I just wasn't into it...
I had cut out a blouse pattern during the week and decided to work on it. I bought this pattern last week at Joann's. I haven't sewn clothing in years. I saw this and thought it was cute. I had some fabric that had been sitting around for oh, probably 6 years. I remember buying it at the LQS but I had no plans for it at the time. I pulled it out and it was just the right amount for this pattern. I started sewing on this and boy, do those 5/8" seams look big?! When you don't use something, you sure lose it! I had to make 6 pleats on this little blouse. No buttons, it was a blouse to slip on over the head. I worked on this for a little while then had to stop so I could go to the old grocery store. Ugh, I hate shopping on Saturdays and it was a holiday too! OMG, the store was packed.
I bought my groceries and came home and unpacked and the grandkids arrived. They came in like little tornadoes...No more sewing today but I sure had fun with my little sweeties.
I got up a little early Sunday morning unable to breathe. My allergies are so bad, the sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes woke me up....I got up, took some more drugs and went upstairs to finish the blouse. I got the sleeves put in and used my serger to finish the seams. Of course, I had to blow the dust off of it first!
I went to church and then went to my MIL's for lunch...I finished up hemming the blouse at her house. She was so surprised that I was making a blouse, she actually laughed at me...She was impressed that I could still make clothes though.
We came home but no sewing was done for the rest of the day/evening. The drugs had kicked in and I fell asleep on the couch. Happy Mother's Day, huh....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt