Ok, guys, I'm taking a break and going to dinner with my family. I've gotten quite a bit done today and I'm not sure if I'll be able to sew tonight when I get back but I've had a very enjoyable sewing day....
I started sewing on this last night and was able to finish it this morning. I think it's called Bella Baby. This is the second top I'm doing for Judy and I think it turned out so cute. I think she'll be pleased. I know she got this about two years ago when we went on a short shop hop (just three of us) together. She fell in love with this little quilt when she saw it. I think she needs this one for a baby shower in May, oh...it is May. Anyway, maybe she can quilt this one quickly. Here's Baby Bella or Bella Baby, I forget what it's called and I'm too lazy right now to walk up the stairs and look....
Here's a close-up. There were 4 big flowers and 12 little flowers. I used steam a seam to applique this...
I got this block done for my sewing group. This is going to be block four of the pizza box project. This is an easy block off of Marcia Hohn's site, Quilter's Cache. I wanted the girls to have a signature block that everyone can sign that participated in the project. We'll have a pizza party and reveal our blocks and everyone can sign the blocks at that time....Remember, this is just my sample block...
Here's my block for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along...
I got 6 blocks done for my small group exchange. This month was a square in a square block...I only needed 5 but I made the 6th one for good measure.
I also did 5 pinwheels and finished 4 of my Leader and Ender blocks..They are called Crazy Eights. I'm doing the blocks in florals and I'm liking the blocks alot. I love doing the Leader/Ender method...it's like doing 2 quilts at the same time and you don't even notice you're getting anything done until there they are. I wish I had started doing this years ago...
I got 13 floating four patches halfway done, the four patch part is done and I have the outside triangles cut, I just need to sew them on. Hmmm, let's see, oh yeah, I put an inner border around my middle section of the Schoolhouse quilt. The middle part is snowballs. I made the 6 Square in a Square blocks...these go with this quilt. We have two more exchanges after this month. Two months of pinwheels...17 pinwheels per month. I almost have those done now. I should be getting my little house blocks this month and I'll start putting this together and you'll see some progress on this very soon. Here's the mid section. This quilt was on the cover of Quilt Sampler and there are 5 of us exchanging.
I am now up-to-date on everything and can work on Amy's BOM. That's the next thing on my list...I bought some red and blue fabric yesterday at the quilt store. I don't feel a bit guilty either. I have only bought fabric this year to finish up things and I have been using everything else out of my stash. I have cut down alot of my spending since I quit working at the quilt shop. Mostly because I'm not there and I'm not tempted but also, I'm staying away and trying to use my stash.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting quality sewing time in...gotta go check on my blog buddies and see what's going on with them. til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt