Yesterday was Tatting Tuesday among other things...(I didn't tat at all but had fun at our tatting group anyway.)
The day started out with me going to my oncologist for a check up. It was a great visit with my doctor. I am doing great and don't have to go back to see her for a whole year. What a great way to start the day. She told me to start taking Vitamin D, work on losing weight and just be healthy. I can do that...I plan on getting back on Weight Watchers, walking more and exercising more and running after my grandbabies more...Life is good and I plan on being around a long time. After I left the doctor, I decided to take the day off and make it a girl day. I called one of my tatting buddies and arranged to have lunch with her. I had a little time to waste before I met her, so I went to Joann's and just took a leisurely stroll around the store and enjoyed not having to rush. I left Joann's and went to my friend's house. We visited for awhile and decided to go to Babe's Chicken and to a LQS in Carrollton that we had not been to in a long time. She had never gone to Babe's before and she loved it...We had a good lunch and then strolled over to the Old Craft Store. What a lovely store. I looked around and found several things I liked. I was a good girl and only bought a charm pack. (I recently bought the book, Schnibbles X 2 and wanted to make something out of it. I failed to look at the book before I went and now know that I should have bought 2 charm packs...Hmm, now this gives me an excuse to go back to the quilt shop.) We left the shop and strolled around the town and went into some of the shops and really enjoyed the afternoon. We decided we would go back soon and spend the day browsing the shops we didn't get to...Then, onto the tatting meeting. We didn't do any tatting last night. We all worked on making cards and it was so much fun. Our tatting group is made up of women that are very talented. We do all kinds of crafts besides tatting. The second Tuesday of each month, we focus on other crafts. This month was card making. You would have thought it was a craft show with all the card making supplies, stamps, inks, card stock, Sissix cutters and supplies, etc...One of our ladies makes and sells cards and she is wonderful. She is so talented. She is the go to girl on card making in our group. We laughed and laughed and made a few cards too. A great way to end a wonderful day.
Tonight, I went to my son's and had supper. I played with my grandkids for a little while, got my hair cut and came home. I was going to sew but decided I needed to clean up and organize a little tonight. I put my tatting patterns together, cut up some fabric for scraps, cleaned up my sewing area and got ready for some sewing time tomorrow. I had a great night and now I'm ready to finish some things...til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt