I haven't done any sewing this week. I broke a tooth and have had a toothache all week. I was finally able to get into the dentist and they started a root canal, ugh, but at least it will save the tooth. I am drugged up and just not feeling like sewing. I have watched a little TV (American Idol) and tatted some. I am currently working on the American flag and am really enjoying tatting it. It is just ring and chain tatting so it is mindless but it takes my mind off the achiness in my jaw. It is an old Workbasket pattern from November 1976. A friend of mine, Nancy, from New to Me tatted it and it is beautiful. She shared the pattern with us and now there are a few of us in my tatting group doing it. One of the girls is doing a Texas flag. She's using this pattern as a guide but making up her own pattern for the star.
The flag is 13 inches across and 8.5 in length. I am using Lizbeth size 20 in the colors of red, blue and ecru. I am working on row 8 of the blue section. It's going to take a while to do this one but I don't care. I love this and plan on framing it after I complete it. I haven't taken any pictures of this but you can see it at Nancy's blog and follow her progress through the making of it or here's a picture of her flag.
Here's Nancy's picture of her flag. My flag should look just like hers when it is finished as I'm using the same colors/thread that she used.
Didn't she do a great job? The only difference in the pattern is I am using split ring on each end instead of cutting and tying off each time. It goes so much quicker this way!
American Idol was great last night. I loved them bringing on the singers like they did...Joe Cocker, Michael McDonald, Brett Michaels, Christina A., etc. This was so entertaining to me. I think this was the best finale they have ever had. I am going to miss Simon, he was one reason I started watching! I thought he was the most honest judge they had plus he was easy to look at! What a cutie...
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt