Wow, time flies when you're having fun-and even when you're not!!! This was a long weekend for me and my honey. He works a different shift than I do and he usually works on Saturdays. He took this Saturday off and we had a long weekend together. This was a working weekend.
We stayed at home and did items around the house that needed doing. He put up two ceiling fans for me. It originally started out as one but grew to two. He put up a small ceiling fan in my kitchen last Wednesday and I wasn't really crazy about it. We went to Home Depot on Saturday and I saw one I liked better. He took the one down he just put up and put the newer one up. Ah, much better. He then put the freshly taken down one in my sewing room for me. I don't like it there either. He'll be taking it down and putting another one in it's place. My MIL will be getting this one. She needs one in her bedroom and likes this one so....DH has agreed to take it down again and put it up in her house.
He mowed and I worked out in the yard cleaning out flower beds and trimming shrubs.
My MIL and I dug up all the potatoes, green beans, peas and onions that we had planted. We got a decent crop of green beans. Our peas were pitiful... we decided they weren't even worth saving. Our onions were plentiful and our potatoes were ok too. We split up the veggies. Some for her, some for me and some for my oldest son and his family. He put the fencing in for our garden and was the one that wanted the potatoes. Our squash, tomatoes, beets and carrots are still in the ground growing...I've gotten a few tomatoes out of the garden and they were very good. I have a lot of green tomatoes and will have a good crop come in all at the same time. I guess my neighbors will benefit from them cause I'm the only one that eats tomatoes. I might try my hand at putting some up or freezing some. It depends how much time I have, we'll see.
Here's some of the veggies...Hmmm, I can't wait to cook those green beans with the new potatoes.
I did get a little sewing done Saturday morning. I finished all of my pinwheels. I needed 34 but made 40 as I'm giving some to a friend. I made two blocks for our summer exchange and did my next Pizza box block. I also got my new cloth leaders for my quilting frame done and ready for the machine. My honey helped my put these on tonight and now my machine is ready to put on another quilt for another attempt at quilting.
My friend, Jackie, loaned me some easy pantographs and gave me an old top to practice on. I'll be putting this on later in the week and attempting to do pantographs.
I'm still working on my tatted flag and I'm almost finished with the blue part. Then, I can start on the red and white stripes. I'm enjoying tatting this but the navy blue is really hard to see at night. It sure helped me through my days of feeling bad though and I'll keep doing it until it's finished...
My tooth is feeling better except this morning the temporary crown came off. I called the dentist and she will see me again tomorrow to re-cement the crown. I don't go back for the second treatment on the root canal until next Monday and she didn't want the tooth uncovered that long. I'm not hurting, so that's good. We had a great weekend but we really worked hard. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow just to get some rest. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt